Duzhong Dazao Soyu Phoenix
by Chef Lisa Leong
- Large chicken - 1.5 kg
(Season with 1 cup Huiji Waist Tonic, 1 sachet IGEN sugar and 1 tbsp chicken seasoning about 20 minutes)
- Dried mushroom (wash and use) - 2pieces
- Dried toasted chillies - 6pieces
- Large roasted red dates - 8pieces
- Garlic - 5cloves
- Shallots - 5cloves
HUIJI Duzhong Gravy sauce:
- Superior soya sauce - 1/2 cup
- Huiji Wasit Tonic - 2 cups
- Huiji Honey to taste - 2 tbsp
- Hot water - 400 ml
Method of Cooking: Microwave Preparations (on HIGH mode)
- Wash the whole chicken and pad dry, season with 1 cup Huji Waist Tonic, 1 sachet IGEN sugar and 1 tbsp chicken for about 20 minutes.
- Add garlic, shallots, dried mushroom, dried chillies and red dates into the deep Microwave casserole. Add in the Duzhong gravy and microwave over “HIGH“ mode (100%) for 3-4 minutes.
- Place chicken into the casserole with hot gravy (with breast side down) and cover with Micro-wrap. Use Cornell Microwave for 10 minutes on HIGH and turn chicken over cook for another 15 minutes over Medium mode. (Cooking time approximately about 20 minutes)
- Allow 10 minutes standing time for the chicken before serving.
Chef Tips: Huiji Waist Tonic - The tonic can be taking daily to improve blood circulation, strengthen the body and waist, relieve body-aches and numbness, as well as stimulate the mind.