Braised abalone with mushrooms, pork belly and broccoli
Dried Chinese mushrooms: 10 pcs
Pork belly: 1 small slab
Abalone: 1 can
Garlic: 3 pcs
Huiji Waist Tonic: 20ml
Shao Xing wine: 1 tbsp
Cornstarch: 1 tsp
Light soya sauce: 3 tsp
Dark soya sauce: 1 tsp
Oyster sauce: 3 tsp
Sesame oil: 1 tsp
Rock sugar: 1 pcs
Water from soaked mushroom: 300ml
1. Wash and soak mushrooms until soft.
2. Marinate the pork belly with 2 tsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp dark soya sauce, a pinch of corn starch, a dash of white pepper powder, and 1 tsp Huiji Waist Tonic for 30 minutes.
3. Marinate the mushrooms with 1 tsp oyster sauce and 1 tsp sesame oil.
4. Heat the pan with oil.
5. Sautee marinated pork for a while.
6. Add in minced garlic and fry until fragrant.
7. The, add in light soya sauce, shao xing wine, sugar, and water from the mushrooms.
8. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer for 45 minutes.
9. Blanch the broccoli florets and set aside.
10. Lastly, add the abalone to the braised mushrooms and pork. Stir for 1 minute until it is combined.
11. Then, add in the cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
12. After turning off the heat, add in Huiji Waist Tonic and stir to combine.
*Recipe by Julia Yany