Braised whole duck legs with Huiji Waist Tonic
Duck legs: 2 whole legs
Eggs: 2 pcs
Cinnamon stick: 1 pc
Star anise: 1 pc
Small pepper corns: 3 pcs
Clove: 1 pc
Ginger: 5 slices
Garlic: 8 pcs
Raw sugar: 2 tbsp
Dark soya sauce: 3 tbsp
Huiji Waist Tonic: 1 cup
1. Boil the egg and remove the shell. Set aside.
2. Wash and pat dry the duck legs. Rub with salt and leave in the fridge for a few hours.
3. Then, remove the duck legs from the fridge.
4. Heat up the pan and add 2 tbsp of raw sugar to caramelize it.
5. Put in the duck legs with the skin side down to coat with the caramelized sugar.
6. The duck legs skin should be slightly golden brown.
7. Add in cinnamon stick star, anise, pepper corns, garlic, and ginger slices.
8. Pour water to cover the duck legs and add dark soya sauce. Bring mixture to a boil.
9. Add salt and sugar to taste.
10. Then, add in hard boiled eggs and boil together for 30 minutes.
11. Add in 1 cup of Huiji Waist Tonic and simmer the duck legs for 5 minutes.
12. Remove the duck legs and let it cool.
13. Garnish with spring onions and serve with braised hard boiled eggs.
*Recipe by Jeannie Lee