Huiji Bakkut Teh
Full slab baby back ribs or pork ribs (about 900 grams) can be substituted to chicken.
6 cups water (1500ml)
6 cloves old garlic, with the skin intact
Salt to taste
1 pc rock sugar or to taste
1/2 teaspoon dark soysauce
2 tablespoons light soysauce
1 tablespoon goji berries (wolfberries)
1 pc codonopsis root (dang shen)
2 pcs licorice roots
2 pcs angelica sinensis (dong gui)
3 pcs chuan xiong rhizome
2 pcs honey dates
25 grams solomon’s seal (yu zhu)
(Rinsed and put in a filter bag)
*These chinese herbs can be purchased in chinese medical shop or local supermarkets in dry goods section.
1 pc star anise
1 tablespoon whole white pepper corn
1/2 stick cinnamon
6 pcs cloves
(Put in a filter bag & crushed slightly)
A serving cup of Huiji Waist Tonic in each serving bowl.
Chopped corriander leaves
Fried dough (youtiao)
Dipping sauce: Cut chili with dark soysauce
1. Blanch pork ribs in a boiling water and discard the water.
2. Boil 1500ml water, add in blanched pork ribs together with chinese herbs & spices.
Cover & simmer in low heat for 45 minutes.
3. Add in garlic, dark soysauce, light soysauce, rock sugar & simmer for another 45 minutes.
4. Add in salt to taste, lastly add in wolf berries and vegetables (baby bakchoy). Simmer for another 5 minutes. Off the heat.
5. Add in huiji waist tonic in each serving bowls. Garnish with chopped corriander leaves and serve with steamed rice and youtiao.
*Recipe by Julia Yany MissPolkadot