Huiji braised duck with sea cucumber
Duck: 1/2 whole
Sea cucumber (soaked): 8 pcs
Dried Mushroom (soaked and halved): 10 pcs
Huiji Waist Tonic: 120ml
Sesame oil: 2 tbsp
Oyster sauce: 4 tbsp
Dark soya sauce: 2 tbsp
Light soya sauce: 5 tbsp
Shao Xing Hua Tiao cooking wine: 2tbsp
Ginger: 4 slices
Garlic (minced): 3 cloves
Sugar: 1 1/4 tsp
Chicken stock cube: 1 pc
Salt: 1 tsp
1. Marinate the duck with 1tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tbsp dark soya sauce, 2 tbsp light soya sauce, 2 tbsp Shao Xing Hua Tiao cooking wine, and 40ml Huiji Waist Tonic.
2. Add a few dashed of pepper.
3. Marinate for 2 hours in the fridge.
4. Prepare the ingredients. Fry the sea cucumber.
5. Heat up the pan and add the ginger. Fry till fragrant.
6. Add in the soaked sea cucumber. Add in a cap of Shaoxing Huatiao cooking wine. Fry until the water from the sea cucumber is gone.
7. Next, fry the mushroom. Add sesame oil to the pan and fry the minced garlic until fragrant.
8. Add in the mushroom, 1 tsp of light soya sauce and 1/4 tsp sugar. Fry and set aside.
9. After the duck is marinated for 2-3 hours, fry it to maintain the shape.
10. Heat 2 tbsp of oil and add in the duck with the skin side down. Make sure to keep the marinate sauce for later use.
11. Then, place all the ingredients into a pressure cooker. Add in the sauce from the marinate and make sure to add in enough water to cover the duck.
12. Add in 2 tbsp of oyster sauce, 2 tbsp of light soya sauce, 1 tbsp of dark soya sauce, and 1 chicken cube and 80ml Huiji Waist Tonic.
13. Boil for about 25-30 minutes on a pressure cooker. If you are using a normal pot, boil it for 1 hour.
14. Add sugar and salt to taste.
15. Thicken the sauce with cornstarch and pour it over the duck.
16. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
*Recipe by Jamie Wen
Original URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRKFfiRPA54&feature=youtu.be