Huiji Herbal Steamed Rice in Lotus Leaf
Japanese short grain rice: 2 cups
Lotus leaf: 1 pc
Boneless chicken fillet: 150g
Dried mushrooms: 8 pcs
Chinese sausage: 2 pcs
Dried scallops: Small handful
Dried shrimps: 1 tbsp
Goji berries: 1 tbsp
Shaoxing cooking wine: 1tbsp
Oyster sauce: 1 tbsp
Light soy sauce: 1 tbsp
Dark soy sauce: 1/2 tbsp
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Five spice powder: 1/2 tsp
A dash of white pepper
Ginger: 4 thin slices
Chopped Garlic: 3 cloves
Huiji waist tonic: 50ml
1. Soak Japanese rice 1 hour before cooking.
2. Soak the lotus leaf in a big pot and bring to boil on low heat for 1 hour.
3. Chop the chicken fillet into chunks and marinate it with salt, light soy sauce, and sesame oil.
4. Set the chicken aside.
5. Remove the lotus leave after 1 hour and rinse it until all sand particles are removed.
6. Pat dry the lotus leaf and air dry it.
7. Heat up the pan and add all ingredients and seasoning in.
8. Turn off the heat once seasoning and ingredients are evenly mixed.
9. Cut the leaf into 4 portions.
10. Mix the ingredients into a bowl before transferring into the lotus leaf to ensure even portion.
11. Fold each packet and fasten with a string.
12. Steam for 60-90 minutes in low medium heat(subject to your own taste and preference on texture of the rice)
13. Once done, remove rice from heat.
14. Garnish with spring onions and coriander(Subject to your own personal preference).
*Recipe by Rachel Lee
Original URL: https://goo.gl/JhB9y6