Steamed Garoupa with Huiji Waist Tonic
Fresh garoupa 600g
Red dates 8 pcs
Chicken essence powder 1tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Cornstarch 2 tsps
Oyster sauce 1 ½ tsps
Sesame oil 2tsp
Huiji Waist Tonic 30ml
- Combine the yuzhu, red dates, medlar, mushrooms with 300ml of boiling water for 10 mins. Seperate ingredients and stock for later use.
- Steam the ingredients above and the fish for 10min. Pour away any excess water after steaming.
- To prepare Herbal Sauce: Combine 200ml of soup, 1 table spoon of oyster sauce, 1 tea spoon of chicken essence powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 cup of Huiji Waist Tonic and boil.
- Thicken the herbal sauce with cornstarch. Pour the sauce over the steamed garoupa and heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sesame oil. Sprinkle spring onions and ginger slices over the fish.
- Serve immediately while hot.