Huiji Chicken Abalone Shark Fin Soup
Created Date: 18 May
- Shark's fins 50g
- Kampong chicken 1pc
- Scallops (soak in water until soften then peel into strips) 40g
- Abalone (soak in water until soften) 4slices
- Ginseng (wash then slice it) 1 pc
- Medlar a little
- Ginger (about thumb size) 1 slice
- Spring Onions 2 pcs
- Hua tiao wine 4 teaspoons
- Huiji Waist Tonic 60-90ml
- De-bone chicken (please be careful to keep the whole chicken in "shape" as we need to stuff ingredients into it later). Boil chicken bones in water. Thereafter pour away the water and keep the bones for later use.
- Put shark's fins in water and boil for half and hour and pour away the water. Boil shark's fins with gingers, spring onions and Hua Tiao Wine for half and hour and pour away the water.
- Stuff shark fins and scallops into the chicken, seal up with toothpicks, scald it with boiling water and pour away the water.
- Add ginseng, medlar, sliced abalones, boiled chicken bones, 6 bowl of water and boil for 1 hour, add chicken and stew for 3 hours. After that, add 2 teaspoons of Hua Tiao Wine (just a little, according to your preference, to flavor the soup).
- Lastly add 60-90ml of Huji Waist Tonic, and it is ready to be served.