Herbal Duck Noodle
Created Date: 18 May
- 2 duck thighs (approx. 600g) – washed and pat dry (you could use half of a duck too)
- 1 packet chicken herbal soup mix – (mine consists of Huai Shan, Wolfberries, Yu Zhu, Dang Gui).
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp chicken powder
- 1500 ml water
- Huiji Waist Tonic
- Flour Vermicelli (Mee Sua)
- 1.Rub ginger and salt all over the duck thighs thoroughly, rinse well and pat dry. This will get reduce the gamey smell from the duck.
- 2.Sprinkle and rub some salt on the duck.
- 3.In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat 1 tbsp oil and place in the duck thighs, skin side down and brown them until the skin turns crispy and golden brown. If necessary, do it in two batches. This will get rid of the excess oil from the duck.
- 4.Remove excess oil from the pot and add in the herbs and water. Bring to boil.
- 5.Add in duck thighs, cover and continue to simmer for 1.5 hours or until the flesh is tender and fall of the bones.
- 6.Season soup with chicken powder and some salt. Taste and adjust with more seasoning if necessary. *The herbal flavor will be further enhanced by Huiji Waist Tonic at the last step.
- 7.Before to serve, boil the vermicelli according to package instructions.
- 8.Place vermicelli in serving bowls and ladle on the soup and duck meat.
- 9.Pour a cap (20 ml) of Huiji Waist Tonic into the soup and enjoy.