- 2 Large chicken thighs/legs
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Sweet Corn
- 1 Packet Shimeiji mushroom
- 4 Dried Scallops
- 5 Red Dates
- 1 Dried Honey Dates
- Some Soloman’s Seal (Yù Zhú)
- Some Wolfberries (Gǒu Qǐ Zǐ)
1L Chicken Broth or Water (or enough to cover chicken)
- 1 cup Huiji Waist Tonic
(Huiji measuring cup)
- Salt to taste
- Cut carrots and sweet corns into chunks and add to the base of the pot.
- Rub salt onto chicken thighs/legs.
- Add in chicken thighs/legs follow by shimeiji mushroom/dried scallops/red dates/honey dates and soloman’s seal.
- Add chicken broth/water and bring to boil, cover and simmer for 2 hour.
- Add salt (adjust to taste)
- Add 1 cup (Huji measuring cup) Huiji Waist Tonic and wolfberries.
- Cook for another 1 min and serve.
*Recipe by Doreen Quek-Tan