Huiji Steamed Soup Dumplings
Plain flour: 200g
Chicken soup: 200ml
Huiji Waist tonic: 1 tbsp
Brown sugar: 1/2 tbsp
Gelatin powder: 1 1/2 tsp
Minced pork: 250g
Dried Chinese mushrooms: 1 pcs
Oyster sauce: 1 tbsp
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Sesame oil: 1/2 tsp
Corn flour: 1 tbsp
1. To make the dumpling skin, pour 200g of plain flour into a mixing bowl and add water (100-150ml). Start with 50ml water first and gradually increase as you knead.
2. Knead till smooth and not sticky.
3. You may add more water if it is too dry or more flour if it is too sticky.
4. Set aside.
5. Next, prepare the broth. Bring the chicken soup to a boil.
6. Add 1 tbsp of Huiji Waist tonic and 1/2 tbsp brown sugar.
7. When the sugar is dissolve, mix in 1 1/2 tsp of gelatin powder. Stir until full dissolve.
8. Pour the broth into a container and keep in the fridge until jelly is set.
9. Cut the broth jelly into cubes and keep in fridge for later use.
10. Then, make the fillings. Mix 250g minced pork, 500g chopped prawns, 50g chives, 1 diced dried Chinese mushrooms, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, a dash of pepper, and 1 tbsp corn flour into a mixing bowl.
11. Throw/ smack the meat into the bowl for a couple of times until gluey.
12. Marinate for 2 hours.
13. To assemble, shape the dough into small balls and flatten into an 8cm wide wrapper. Lightly floured each wrapper.
14. Scoop in the fillings and 2 to 3 cubes of broth jelly.
15. Position it in the center and gently fold the side of the skin, leaving the center part open.
16. Use index finger and thumb to pinch the rim of the dough and slightly pull up the rim higher as to prevent the soup from leaking out.
17. Steam over boiling water for 6-8 minutes.
*Recipe by Jessica Lie
Original URL: https://ladyhomechef.blogspot.sg/2017/05/huiji-steamed-soup-dumplings.html