Salt Baked Huiji Honey Chicken
Whole chicken, fat trimmed 1 (about 1.2 kg)
Butter 2 tbsp
Olive oil 2 tbsp
Flour ¼ cup
salt blend 1 ½ tsp
Huiji Waist Tonic 1 tbsp
Huiji Honey 1 tbsp
Sweet dark soy sauce (Rub) 1 tbsp
Basting Honey Mix
Huiji Honey 1/3 cup
Brown sugar 2 tbsp
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Wash and rub chicken with the mixed marinade ingredients thoroughly.
- Marinate for about 3 hours in the fridge. Tuck wings under the body. Rub a tablespoon of sweet dark sauce all over the whole seasoned chicken.
- Place chicken on the microwave dish and microwave over HIGH mode for 8 to 9 minutes. Then transfer the microwaved chicken into moderate hot oven, brush with oil and sprinkle with spice salt all over and roast in the hot oven at 180°C; roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, heat honey with brown sugar and lemon juice, stir to blend. Use a brush to coat the chicken all over with honey mix and put it back to the oven. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until the chicken is well golden brown.
- Tent loosely with aluminum foil to keep chicken warm. Let rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve & enjoy!