Stewed Pork Soft bone
Pork soft bone: 500g
Dang gui: 4 pas
Dang shen: 3 pcs
Red dates: 5 pcs
Wolfberries: 2 tbsp
Ginger: 2 slices
Mushrooms: 4 pcs
Light soya sauce: 1 tbsp
Oyster sauce: 1/2 tbsp
Chinese cooking wine: 1/2 tbsp
Corn flour: 1 tbps
Huiji Waist tonic: 1/2 tbsp
1. Marinate the soft bone over night with 1 tbsp light soya sauce, 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1/2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine, 1/2 tbsp corn flour, and 1/2 tbsp Huiji Waist Tonic.
2. Soak the mushrooms.
3. Rinse and place the dang gui, dang shen, red date, and wolfberries in soup bag to make a herb bag.
4. Heat up the pan and fry ginger till fragrant.
5. Add in the soft bone without marinate sauce and lightly pan fry for a few minutes until half cooked.
6. Add the mushrooms in and fry for a minute. Do not throw the mushroom water.
7. Pour the remaining marinate and soaked mushrooms water in.
8. Top up with water until it fully covers the soft bone.
9. Add in the herb bag and bring to a boil.
10. Sieve away scums formed and reduce heat to simmer.
11. Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
12. Add some light soya sauce to taste.
13. Garnish with coriander to serve.
*Recipe by Quek Seok Bin