- Duck legs: 2 whole legs
- Eggs: 2 pcs
- Cinnamon stick: 1 pc
- Star anise: 1 pc
- Small peppercorns: 3 pcs
- Clove: 1 pc
- Ginger: 5 slices
- Garlic: 8 pcs
- Raw sugar: 2 tbsp
- Dark soya sauce: 3 tbsp
- Huiji Waist Tonic: 1 cup
- Boil the egg and remove the shell. Set aside.
- Wash and pat dry the duck legs. Rub with salt and leave in the fridge for a few hours.
- Then, remove the duck legs from the fridge.
- Heat up the pan and add 2 tbsp of raw sugar to caramelize it.
- Put in the duck legs with the skin side down to coat with the caramelized sugar.
- The duck legs’ skin should be slightly golden brown.
- Add in cinnamon stick star, anise, peppercorns, garlic, and ginger slices.
- Pour water to cover the duck legs and add dark soya sauce. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Then, add in hard boiled eggs and boil them together for 30 minutes.
- Add in 1 cup of Huiji Waist Tonic and simmer the duck legs for 5 minutes.
- Remove the duck legs and let them cool.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve with braised hard-boiled eggs.
*Recipe by Jeannie Lee