Drunken Chicken Roll
Chicken legs (deboned): 4-5 pcs
Salt: 1 1/2 tsp
Shao Xing wine: 1 tbsp
Huiji Waist Tonic: 1 1/2 tbsp and 50ml (for the sauce)
Dang gui: 3 pcs
Sesame oil: 1 tsp
Chicken powder: 1 tsp
Corn flour: 1 tbsp
Red date: 5 pcs
Dried longan: 3 pcs
Juice from the steamed chicken
1. Rub the boneless chicken leg with 1 1/2 tsp salt and marinate it with 1 tbsp Shao Xing wine, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp chicken powder, 1 tbsp corn flour, 3 pieces dang gui, and 1 1/2 tsp Huiji Waist Tonic for 15 minutes.
2. Place the chicken on an aluminum foil with some ginger slice and roll it up.
3. Steam over boiling water for 25-30 minutes. (Retain the juice and set aside)
4. Put the wrapped chicken into icy water (With the foil on). Let it chill for about 4 hours.
5. Remove the foil and slice into pieces. Pour the retained juices.
6. To make the sauce, add 50ml Huiji Waist tonic, 5 chopped red dates, 3 chopped dried longans, and juice from the chicken.
7. Add salt to taste and serve.
*Recipe by Jessie Koey
Original URL: https://jessiekoeyskitchen.wordpress.com/2016/11/09/drunken-chicken/