- Chicken legs (deboned): 4-5 pcs
- Salt: 1 1/2 tsp
- Shao Xing wine: 1 tbsp
- Huiji Waist Tonic: 1 1/2 tbsp and 50ml (for the sauce)
- Dang gui: 3 pcs
- Sesame oil: 1 tsp
- Chicken powder: 1 tsp
- Corn flour: 1 tbsp
- Red date: 5 pcs
- Dried longan: 3 pcs
- Juice from the steamed chicken
- Rub the boneless chicken leg with 1 1/2 tsp salt and marinate it with 1 tbsp Shao Xing wine, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp chicken powder, 1 tbsp cornflour, 3 pieces dang gui, and 1 1/2 tsp Huiji Waist Tonic for 15 minutes.
- Place the chicken on an aluminum foil with some ginger slice and roll it up.
- Steam over boiling water for 25-30 minutes. (Retain the juice and set aside)
- Put the wrapped chicken into icy water (With the foil on). Let it chill for about 4 hours.
- Remove the foil and slice it into pieces. Pour the retained juices.
- To make the sauce, add 50ml Huiji Waist tonic, 5 chopped red dates, 3 chopped dried longans, and juice from the chicken.
- Add salt to taste and serve.
*Recipe by Jessie Koey
Original URL: https://jessiekoeyskitchen.wordpress.com/2016/11/09/drunken-chicken/