- Butter (Softened): 120g
- Eggs: 2pcs
- Cranberries: 120g
- Caster sugar: 70g
- Self-rising flour: 100g
- Vanilla paste: 1/2 tsp
- Huiji Waist Tonic: 2 tbsp
- Mix the butter and 30g of caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Soak the cranberries into Huiji Waist Tonic.
- Separate the egg yolk and the egg whites.
- Add the egg yolk into the butter and sugar mixture, one at a time.
- Then, beat in the vanilla paste and fold in half the flour.
- Add in Huiji Waist tonic (From the soaked cranberries) and mix.
- Add in the remaining flour and fold till combined. This is your egg yolk batter.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until it turns foamy.
- Gradually add the remaining sugar and whisk till firm peak forms. This is your egg white batter.
- Once done, add 1/3 of egg whites batter into the batter and mix on low speed.
- Gently fold in the remaining egg white batter in 2 batches.
- Pour the batter into greased muffin pan or cupcake liner.
- Bake at 160 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
*Recipe by Janice Looi