- Live prawns 500g
- Red dates 8 pcs
- Water cress 200g
- Huiji Waist Tonic 60ml
- Chicken essence powder
- Ginger strips
- Soak 500g of live prawns in 2 cups of Huiji Waist Tonic and boil for approximately 10 minutes.
- Prepare the herbal broth by adding ohuan gong, astragalus and dang shen into 1 litre of water, simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Pour herbal broth into the claypot. Add in slices of ginger, red dates and water cress into the claypot.
- Bring to boil and then simmer.
- Slowly place Huiji Waist Tonic-soaked live prawns individually into the claypot.
- Serve immediately while hot.