- Japanese short-grain rice: 2 cups
- Lotus leaf: 1 pc
- Boneless chicken fillet: 150g
- Dried mushrooms: 8 pcs
- Chinese sausage: 2 pcs
- Dried scallops: Small handful
- Dried shrimps: 1 tbsp
- Goji berries: 1 tbsp
- Shaoxing cooking wine: 1tbsp
- Oyster sauce: 1 tbsp
- Light soy sauce: 1 tbsp
- Dark soy sauce: 1/2 tbsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Five spice powder: 1/2 tsp
- A dash of white pepper
- Ginger: 4 thin slices
- Chopped Garlic: 3 cloves
- Water: 2cups
- Huiji waist tonic: 50ml
- Soak Japanese rice 1 hour before cooking.
- Soak the lotus leaf in a big pot and bring to boil on low heat for 1 hour.
- Chop the chicken fillet into chunks and marinate it with salt, light soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Set the chicken aside.
- Remove the lotus leave after 1 hour and rinse it until all sand particles are removed.
- Pat dry the lotus leaf and air dry it.
- Heat up the pan and add all ingredients and seasoning in.
- Turn off the heat once seasoning and ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Cut the leaf into 4 portions.
- Mix the ingredients into a bowl before transferring into the lotus leaf to ensure even portion.
- Fold each packet and fasten with a string.
- Steam for 60-90 minutes in low medium heat(subject to your own taste and preference on texture of the rice)
- Once done, remove rice from heat.
- Garnish with spring onions and coriander(Subject to your own personal preference).
*Recipe by Rachel Lee
Original URL: https://goo.gl/JhB9y6