- Boneless Chicken Thigh: 3pcs
- Ham: 3pcs
- Baby Kailan
- Garlic: 4 pcs
- Spring onions
- Oyster sauce: 3 tbsp
- Sesame oil: 2 tsp
- Sugar: 1 tsp
- White pepper: 1 tsp
- Light soya sauce: 1tsp
- Dark soya sauce: 1 tsp
- Cornflour: 1 tsp
- Water 50ml
- Huiji Waist Tonic: 40ml
- Marinate the chicken thigh with 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 2 tsp sesame oil,1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp white pepper, 1 tsp light soya sauce,1 tsp dark soya sauce, 1 tsp cornflour, and 20ml Huiji Waist Tonic for at least 1 hour.
- Place the chicken and ham on the steaming dish.
- Place some sliced ginger and spring onions over it.
- Steam for 20 minutes on high heat.
- Drain the water that the dish collected.
- Cut the chicken thigh into smaller pieces and sandwich the ham in between.
- Blanch some baby kailan in salted boiling water.
- Next, prepare the serving sauce.
- Heat up the pan with some oil.
- Fry chopped garlic until fragrant and slightly brown.
- Add in 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 50ml water, 20ml of Huiji Waist Tonic, a dash of white pepper, and a dash of sesame oil.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and ham.
*Recipe by Andrew L