Tea leaf eggs
Eggs: 6 pcs
Soya sauce: 4 tbsp
Chinese tea leaves: 2 to 3 tbsp
Cinnamon stick: 2 pcs
Star anise: 2 pcs
Cloves: 5 pcs
Sugar: 1 tsp
Water: 2 litre
Huiji Waist Tonic: 2 to 3 cups
1. Boil the eggs in a pot of water for 10 minutes.
2. Remove the eggs and rinse under tap water.
3. Gently, use a teaspoon to tap on the eggshell to create crack lines.
4. In another pot, add the soya sauce, tea leaves, cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil.
5. Add the eggs and lower the fire.
6. Simmer for 2 hours, or more for a stronger taste.
7. Add Huiji Waist tonic 10 to 15 minutes before you off the fire.
*Recipe by Ah Gim
Original URL: https://ahgimplayground.blogspot.sg/2017/05/tea-leaf-eggs.html