- Eggs: 6 pcs
- Soya sauce: 4 tbsp
- Chinese tea leaves: 2 to 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick: 2 pcs
- Star anise: 2 pcs
- Cloves: 5 pcs
- Sugar: 1 tsp
- Water: 2 litre
- Huiji Waist Tonic: 2 to 3 cups
- Boil the eggs in a pot of water for 10 minutes.
- Remove the eggs and rinse under tap water.
- Gently, use a teaspoon to tap on the eggshell to create crack lines.
- In another pot, add the soya sauce, tea leaves, cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add the eggs and lower the fire.
- Simmer for 2 hours, or more for a stronger taste.
- Add Huiji Waist tonic 10 to 15 minutes before you off the fire.
*Recipe by Ah Gim
Original URL: http://ahgimplayground.blogspot.sg/2017/05/tea-leaf-eggs.htm