- Eggs Large: 4 pcs
- Hot water: 1/2 cup
- Bonito powder: 2 tsp
- Sliced Fish Fillet
- Prawns: 12 pcs
- Shiitake Mushroom: 2pcs
- Shimeiji Mushroom: 50g
- Japanese Fishcake: 8 slices
- Huiji Waist Tonic: 2 tbsp
- Oyster sauce: 1 tsp
- Hau Tiao Jiu: 1/2 tsp
- Soy sauce: 1 tsp
- Sesame oil: 1/2 tsp
- Corn flour: 1 tsp
- Marinate the fish with 1/2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp Huiji Waist Tonic, 1/2 tsp soy sauce, and 1/2 tsp cornflour.
- Marinate prawns with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp Hau Tiao Jiu with a dash of pepper.
- Beat the eggs.
- Mix the hot water and bonito powder together and stir till combined.
- Pour the combined mixture into the beaten eggs and mix well before sieving the mixture into a jug.
- Grease 4 bowls with cooking oil.
- Add the fish, some prawns, some mushrooms, and some Japanese fishcake into the bowls.
- Pour in the egg mixture and put a cling wrap over it.
- Steam for 15 minutes.
- While the egg is steaming, prepare the seafood mixture. Heat up the pan with oil and add the shiitake and shimeji mushroom. Sautee till fragrant.
- Them, add in the prawns and scallop.
- Fry till the prawn is pink and bring the mixture to simmer.
- Once the egg custard is done, remove it from the steamer and top it with some seafood mixture.
- Garnish with coriander.
*Recipe by Veronica Chia
Original URL: http://pengskitchen.blogspot.sg/2017/05/steamed-seafood-egg-custard.html